Saturday, January 2, 2010

3rd Jan 2010

The dragon has been done in a collage style. It is my own design. I loved making it
The Teddy quilt was made fo a baby in Aussie. I dyed the background fabric.


The dogs are a Laurel birch pattern made for my Nephew

This inspiration for this quilt was from a photo I took at Harwoods Hole. It was started in a class I took with Jill Amesbury at 'In Stitches" in Hamilton.






This Hand bag quilt is from a Stargazy pattern. It was made 3 years ago for my daughters 18th birthday.


















This is a bag I recently made using a laurel Birch design. it is for my friends daughter








Hi




This is my first attempt at this. I am doing it as I'm interested in the Nancy Crow class and want to join in with blogging from that site. I generally don't read blogs, so I haven't a clue as to what it's all about. However,it's good to learn new things.

A bit about myself. I live in a small village just South of Te Awamutu where I work. I have always loved creating from fabric. It used to be garments, (which I still love to do, but time doesn't allow for all pleasures) At the moment it is quilting. I have attended quite a few classes (Last 2 Symposiums & a few others) mostly to learn new teqniques. However, due to time restrictions, I have found that I mostly spend a lot of my sewing time working on finishing projects from said classes & not much else. I have decided it is now time to move forward & need to decide what direction to go in as I enjoy quite a wide variety of different work. I feel a bit stuck as to what to do. I am looking at the Nancy Crow class BUT I am also looking into City & Guilds. I am very interested in Nancy Crow as I like the idea of learning more on composition & colour. However her style is not mine. I am not sure if that is a problem or not. It is also a delema dicing on which class to attend.
Anyway, that is probably enough for now. I am going to try adding a coupl of my latest quilts for you to view.













No comments:

Post a Comment